Re: [opensuse] File delete permissions.
L A Walsh composed on 2017-06-08 16:10 (UTC-0700):

What is 'mc'? (midnight commander? FWIW -- I don't have it installed,
as I found it too easily deleted files -- i.e. tried starting it, and
then quiting, but something I typed to 'quit' deleted files. Ug.
unfriendly!)
.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_manager#Orthodox_file_managers

Without mc, or an equivalent OFM, my migration from OS/2 to Linux would have
been delayed many years or more. It's never to my recollection deleted anything
I didn't direct it to delete. Not having any OFM, typical of rescue
environments, is a huge usability handicap to me. It's the first app I check for
in an alien OS environment. Absence of native OFM was one big reason why when
Win95 was new that I never gave it a serious look.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/