[opensuse] Hpet issues again
This morning I opened the laptop lid to start work, and it was sooooooooo
sloooooow
it took 10 minutes to open a menu. Had to reboot.

After reboot I used Journalctl to view the prior boot and noticed that there
was a kernel oops just after resume, (nul pointer dereference at ~00001,
followed
by an abbreviated stack, and call trace etc.
DWARF2 Unwinder stuck at some syscall-yada-fastpath

And finally hpet increased min_delta_ns to 152745, which is higher than I've
ever seen it set.

I haven't had hpet issues on this machine for over 5 years.

Opensuse 42.2, 4.4.62-18.6-default #1 SMP x86_64.
Completely up to date.

What would cause such a thing?