Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor.
On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 16:28:31 -0400
Felix Miata wrote:

Basil Chupin composed on 2016-03-06 12:20 (UTC+1100):

I know that you state below that you tried Cinelerra
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinelerra) but believe me this is
the one that you want to use. I have used it to edit recorded
movies (removing commercials, eg) and it is the ants pants for
editing videos. Spend just a LITTLE bit of time to read how to use
it and you will not regret the time spent.

Where did you get yours? It's not in Packman, at least not for 42.2.

I believe Packman may have removed Cinelerra because it has been forked
and at least one branch is building it's own packages for the major
distributions. The two websites I know of are these, with the latter
one containing articles and links about the fork:

http://cinelerra.org/

and

https://cinelerra-cv.org/

My system is running 64-bit openSUSE Leap 42.2 and I was able to install
Cinelerra after adding the following repository and using zypper to
install package 'cinelerra' the current version (recently updated) is
5.1-20170531

Repository Name: cincv
Category: YUM

hth & regards,