[opensuse] Re: Closing the lid of the laptop does not activate the power functions
On domingo, 4 de junho de 2017 10:03:42 WEST Lívio Cipriano wrote:
Hi all,
I'm using openSuse 42.2 with the latest kernel (4.4.62-18.6.1) and the
latest Plasma5 updates in an HP Pavilion dv7 laptop with an Optimus Nvidia
graphics card, but i'm using the i915 video driver. After the latest
updates, closing the lid of the laptop does not activate the power
functions (suspend, hibernate, etc) and they are well configured in the
Power Configuration. These functions are operational from the KDE menu. Any
ideas?
Regards
Lívio Cipriano

Dear All,
I choose to reinstall 42.2 from dvd with the latest updates from openSuse
repositories, so basically i'm using Plasms 5.8.6

I decide to do this cause, with the sw upon, the wifi button was HW blocked
after i change user from my account to root account in KDE environment. I
could not unlock it with rfkill and turning the lap top off and disconnecting
the battery; repeating the it several times.

But the lid problem persists. Anyway, you give some clues that I'm going to
explore.
Regards
Lívio