Re: [opensuse] Leap 43.3 beta question
On 2017-06-05 10:08, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I would like to install the current Leap 43.3 beta on a disk that I am
currently running openSUSE 12.3 on. I have a free partition into which
I would like to install 43.3.

Might I expect any issue with the boot setup? The machine has an older
traditional BIOS in respect to booting. I need to be sure I can still
run 12.3 after the install. I will need to continue using that until
43.3 is fully in place.

It should be OK if you tell the booter to install only to the partition.
make sure it doesn't write anything to the MBR or existing Grub in mbr.

You later need to chainload the grub in the test partition from 12.3.

Is the 43.3 beta far enough along where I can 'zypper dup' to stay
current? This seems to be the way of things. The 43.3 info says it is
using a rolling release methodology. But I thought I should ask.

That's what I always have done.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.