Re: [opensuse] i586 TW
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2017 13:15:27 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 03/06/17 05:11 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:

jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Le 03/06/2017 à 09:22, Per Jessen a écrit :

Well, yes and no. For virtual hosting, at the level where it
matters, the problem is easily solved with hardware, as I think
you also
suggested. FOr me runing thousands of smtpd processes, I think
the better solution is to run a 32-bit postfix on 64bit oS.

but may be you wont anymore have 32 bits postfix...

I don't have one right now, there is no 32-bit postfix package being
built.

... being built for openSUSE 64bit, i.e. for Leap.

What about "Docker" as an alternative to a VM?
I'm not knowledgeable but the couple of magazine style articles I've
read lead me to believe that Docker offers a light-weight alternative
to a VM.

It's a possibility, I don't know about Docker to say if it's suitable
for virtual hosting. I looked at Linux containers some years back,
they were okay for e.g. separating webhosts.

And is it really this simple?
https://www.slideshare.net/dotCloud/postfix-tuto4

Quite likely, but way overkill for running 2000 smtpd processes.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (24.2°C)