Re: [opensuse] Scanning HP officejet Pro 6835
  • From: Bob Rea <petard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:27:50 -0400
On Thursday, June 01, 2017 03:39:19 PM you wrote:
On Thursday, June 01, 2017 08:34:35 PM Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
Op donderdag 1 juni 2017 19:44:44 CEST schreef Bob Rea:
I have one of these and it scans text to pdf
It doesn't show up in KDE scanning apps
I would like to find out how to scan to a jpeg or other editable graphic
form os 13.2
KDE 4.14.9
Any hints or directions to go to?

The printer part is installed and configured, but you need to use Yast
Hardware Scanner to set it to use the hpaio driver. After that apps like
skanlite should see it.

hpaio No scanner recognized by this driver
and the 6800 series is not on the complete scanner list

--
Bob Rea

I installed vuescan
it won't see the scanner except as root
the vuescan tech info for these models says
"On Linux, you need to set up libusb device protections."
I'm not sure what to do with this or how.

--
Bob Rea
www.petard.us

America, it was a wonderful country