Re: [opensuse] Tethering via USB cable no longer working - half solved.
On 2017-06-01 14:28, James Knott wrote:
On 06/01/2017 06:15 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
And I had to do it manually, because NM GUI did not offer to create a
new profile for the USB.

You can still create separate profiles for static and DHCP. Have one be
selected on connection and the other you can start manually.

Of course, but again: on USB connection it chooses the default profile
for ETH network, not a specific one for USB network.

Click add new network, there is none for USB.

Click Edit connections, the one that I'm actually using:

/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/Motorola X-Play mobile via USB

is not listed, so I can not edit it!

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.