Re: [opensuse] Tethering via USB cable no longer working - half solved.
On June 1, 2017 4:03:51 AM PDT, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/31/2017 11:19 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
31.05.2017 21:41, James Knott пишет:
Also, with iPhones (work
phone), WiFi tethering is pretty much useless.

Could you elaborate? I just used it couple of day ago without any
problems, nor do I remember any issues in the past.

Very often the computer can't see the SSID to connect to. If you can
connect, it works fine, but more often than not, you can't connect.

You get to set the SSID the iPhone will use, and you can also set it to
something illegal, unsuported, or just plain hard to type which may well be
your problem.

Once set, connected to and tested, the laptop will remember it and connect
instantly.

Of course I wouldn't put it past Apple to have screwed this up on some models
perhaps at the behest of the carriers, and simply walked away from the problem.