Re: [opensuse] handling videos
On 05/28/2017 08:41 AM, Carl Hartung wrote:
in this mode are ~580 MB every five minutes. When the micro-SD card fills
up, it continues uninterrupted recording by overwriting existing files,
beginning with the oldest files first.

You have it good. The old raw uncompressed (digital-8) 'dv' format was 31 MB
per-second (which I still use because my . Since it is a dashcam, the files
are probably already on disk. If you want to cut from the command line, there
is always ffmpeg (see:
https://superuser.com/questions/458761/accurately-cut-video-files-from-command-line)

For GUI apps, see
https://askubuntu.com/questions/56022/what-to-use-to-quickly-cut-audio-video

Personally, I've always like cinelerra, but making friends with it takes a
little time (but for just chopping out video clips, it's pretty easy) kdenlive
seems to be a popular favorite.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.