Re: [opensuse] leap422 - where is my core dump?
On 2016-12-01 17:49, Per Jessen wrote:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

appears same in Tw:
08:11 Crash:~ > cat /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern
|/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-coredump %P %u %g %s %t %e

Somebody knows what means those options?

cer@Telcontar:~> man systemd-coredump
No manual entry for systemd-coredump
cer@Telcontar:~>

I would guess that %u is "user" and "%g" is group. Probably they are
parameter substitution for something else.

If we find that out, perhaps we can write our own configuration to that
proc file.

and ends in /var/lib/systemd/coredump/
but as root I can delete them

Yep, same here. I find a pretty odd setup, I have to say. What's the
point in storing a user-level coredump outside the current dir. Not to
mention letting any other user read them.

They can not, unless they are on the root group. At least here.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >