Re: [opensuse] Reliable way to backup hard drive before clean install
On 2016-10-17 23:25, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 9:27 AM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 17/10/2016 à 12:44, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

But I often do backups while the system is live.

but then changing files are probably not usable anyway

I didn't pay much attention to this thread, but LVM snapshots are a
great way to handle changing files.

You make a snapshot, then mount the snapshot read-only and make your
backup from there.

XFS volumes also have a way to do it. I have not used the method myself,
but I read about it on some man page.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >