Re: [opensuse] Reliable way to backup hard drive before clean install
Chris --

...and then Chris said...
%
% Second that. Had the same problem after an apparently failed SFTP
% transfer. But there was no error message. The copy seemed valid. If I
% hadn't packed the files, only single files probably were affected.

Just curious... Did you run a checksum on both ends after the copy?
In my experience, I can write things perfectly happily but then trip
over some write or read error that shows up in a checksum test. Even for
local copies, if it's important I always diff the src and dst to ensure
that I can read what I wrote before wiping the original I read.

HAND

:-D
--
David T-G