Re: [opensuse] System slowdowns
Am Sun, 2 Oct 2016 21:05:01 -0700
schrieb Marc Chamberlin <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

10 times per hour which is quite frustrating. I kinda suspect it is
Firefox but I cannot say that definitively.. Suggestions?

Marc..
Was Ksystemguard set to show ALL processes. Or just your
processes?
Sorry, ALL processes... Marc...

Hi Marc,

after last Kde update (but Leap 42.1) I have a similar effect of system
slowdown.
Unfortunately I can't say exactly what was updated.

atop shows heavily activity on disk sdb (101%), which holds /home and
other user data, as well as /tmp, /var and swap partitions, all ext4,
when I force a file look up, like changing the mail folder in claws
mail, as example.

I've checked the partitions except /var and swap without errors.
I'm unable to unmount /var and swap in init 1.

But, I've found that, if I change from kde4/qt5/plasma desktop to xfce
desktop the heavily disk activity doesn't raise up and shows typically
around 0 to 5%.

Are you able to change the desktop and check then the disk activity on
your system?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Kind Regards