Re: [opensuse] System slowdowns
On 10/10/2016 08:45 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I use reiserfs on partitions where I expect many small files. I have
several partitions, and you hit the single thread problem when copying
between two RS partitions.

While true that's not a situation I enounter.

For photos I use XFS, photos are relatively big, and there is no problem
with inodes: if I remember correctly they are dynamic as well.

Yes, both those assertions are correct.
But I've had more trouble with the one time I used XFS for video, in the order
of hundred of megs in size compared to my photos were RAW never seem to exceed,
even RAW, more than 24Mb, than the many years and many partitions using ReiserFS
.... one at a time use.

*sigh* If I knew more about FS design internals and such I'd try contributing
and resurrecting the Resier4 project.

Hmm.
I note the last update at https://sourceforge.net/projects/reiser4/ was on
2016-08-09. I wonder how 'alive' that project really is?