Re: [opensuse] This is FOSS. Its FREE!
On 8 October 2016 at 02:17, Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I personally would not have a problem paying a small yearly
fee($20-50) for a stable long term support version(5 years at least)
of an OS that did what I needed and supported my (generally older)
hardware. I used OS/2 before coming to linux, and DOS and CP/M before
that. Even macOS is now free to upgrade to a new version.

Hello!

Have you heard of an operating system called SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop?

It's a stable long term supported distribution with over 5 years of
support, and as an 'Enterprise' product supports a very wide range of
hardware, including generally older hardware.

It's available under an annual subscription model, costing $50 a year

https://www.suse.com/shop/desktop#subnav