Re: [opensuse] trolling emacs?
On 10/07/2016 04:57 PM, jdd wrote:

I once tried to find "the original VI", but couldn't really find one, the
original ones being spread in source form

To be fair, Bill Joy's original code was very unstructured, lots and lots of
global variables, no built-in command interpreter, hard-coded version of an
early iteration of what later became 'termcap', but was small (it could run
cleanly on a PDP-11/40 with about 20 users doing development editing/compile
cycles) and quite responsive.

Personally I considered it unmaintainable :-)