Re: [opensuse] 2 newbie questions(version, live dvd)
Hello,

On Mon, 03 Oct 2016, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-03 13:24, Mohammad Badie Zadegan wrote:
Hi everybody,
1) I recently installed and enjoy opensuse 42.1, why its versioning
number did not continue from 13.x?

Hum. They wanted to renumber because it was a new series. And the
number 42 is kind of "magic" in some geek culture:

The answer to life, the universe and everything - 42. Nothing geek
about that, very mainstream. (says my wife, who does not appreciate
being called a geek).

And don't forget: what was the first ever version of S.u.S.E. linux
again? Right: "4.2".

-dnh

--
"`Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.'"