Re: [opensuse] Re: building smartmontools
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 08:28:32 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-04 14:05, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

initio

Initio is mentioned on the smartmontools page, it supports SATA
pass-through:

Try adding "-d sat,12" or "-d sat,16" to your command.

I'll try later, now the enclosures are connected to my desktop
machine via their eSATA plug. Yes, they are both eSATA and USB,
which coincides with what you say above. I'm running a long smart
test on them (via eSATA).

Wow! It works with both. :-o

That's great - that is certainly worth reporting to the smartmontools
people:

https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Supported_USB-Devices

I can't see how to report it though.

Found it - either update the page yourself and/or send an email to the
smartmontools-database mailinglist.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.9°C)