Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 09:07:00 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 2016-10-03 17:09, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

If you want different, take the entry out of fstab and write your
own mount file that does what you want.

That's not a solution.

The right solution would be a syntax in fstab telling systemd to
leave that line alone.

I think "noauto" will do that.

Yes, but not quite. I do want the device to be mounted automatically
at boot. Only at boot. I simply want to be sure that if I umount a
partition, any partition (say, /home) to do an fsck on it, it is not
remounted in seconds. I want my manual orders to be obeyed, that's
all.

Now I understand. Yes, that is (afaict) a practice/situation systemd
does not currently cater to.

Yes systemd does cater to that

You can create a unit "fsck-home.service'
The Before: does the unmount. The Exec: does the fsck. The After:
remounts.

Its a unit under the control of systems so it can take care of the
unmount.

Alternatively, if you're CLI, then:

systemctl stop home.mount
fsck /dev/HOME
systemctl start home.mount

Which is essentially the guts of the above described unit.

Yes, good point. I think I'd prefer to retain the use of mount/unmount
though - maybe they ought to be turned into small scripts and made
sensitive to whether a mount-point is under systemd control?

if under systemd control
systemctl {stop|start}
else
mount|unmount