Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 21:09:07 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-03 17:09, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

If you want different, take the entry out of fstab and write your
own mount file that does what you want.

That's not a solution.

The right solution would be a syntax in fstab telling systemd to
leave that line alone.

I think "noauto" will do that.

Yes, but not quite. I do want the device to be mounted automatically
at boot. Only at boot. I simply want to be sure that if I umount a
partition, any partition (say, /home) to do an fsck on it, it is not
remounted in seconds. I want my manual orders to be obeyed, that's
all.

Now I understand. Yes, that is (afaict) a practice/situation systemd
does not currently cater to.

If the command mount has to be recoded, so be it. But that is systemd
fault. It has changed behaviours that have been the same for decades.

Well, since maybe the 70s, but yes, in that particular instance systemd
has indeed changed the behaviour we have grown used to. It's like you
started out saying, it's only a little problem, nothing major.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.1°C)