Re: [opensuse] What means this disk error? (Possible kernel bug)
On 2016-10-03 16:24, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-03 15:48, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

/dev/sdb: Unknown USB bridge [0x0c0b:0xb136 (0x108)]

You ought to report that to the smartmontools people,

It is 13.1... no point. :-(

They don't care which openSUSE you're running.

Ok, but it may have been corrected in a newer release which I can't try,
and if they add that chipset I will not see it because 13.1 gets no updates.

Now it works... Wow, thanks.
Oh, no... it doesn't.

Ah well, it was a reasonable guess based on the USB compatibility list:

https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Supported_USB-Devices

(b136 is not far from b159).

I see. Well, we tried :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)