Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 20:46:36 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-03 16:21, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 10/03/2016 10:00 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

If you want different, take the entry out of fstab and write your
own mount file that does what you want.

That's not a solution.

The right solution would be a syntax in fstab telling systemd to
leave that line alone.

Something like 'noauto' ?

No, because I want the line to be mounted at boot, and then left
alone. As has been for decades.

Today, without having looked into it in any great detail, I would create
a mount unit (as demonstrated in a different posting), and that would
be it. (no fstab entry).

I think what has happened is that systemd has applied a more strict
interpretation of /etc/fstab than in the past and thereby "screwed up"
some of the things (or bad habits) we have grown used to over the last
20 years.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.2°C)