Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 17:09:23 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-03 15:26, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 10/03/2016 08:58 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
I'm sure that is/was a genuine problem, but allow me to count it as
an
exception to prove the rule. I think it is very far from your
example to your general suggestion that

"... that if there is a problem I can not edit an script and solve
it. I have to wait for the devs to solve and distribute it".

Indeed.
As I say in another posting, if you are relying on /etc/fstab and the
generator that parses it, you end up with the systemd semantics that
maintain the system, automatically restarting when something 'dies'
so as to maintain a constant picture.

If you want different, take the entry out of fstab and write your own
mount file that does what you want.

That's not a solution.

The right solution would be a syntax in fstab telling systemd to leave
that line alone.

I think "noauto" will do that.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.1°C)