Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
What exactly forced systemd to drop compatible behavior? Why it was
not possible to keep compatible behavior UNLESS extra options enabled
new - presumably, better - one? Until you can explain this, what you
say remains just commonplace without any substance.

The way I look at it systemd did not 'drop compatible behaviour'.
That's a very prejudicial way of phrasing it, like asking a question which
presumes the answer is 'NO!" rather than asking it in an open manner. That's a
trick I usually attribute to politicians and flaks.

The way I look at it systemd strives to keep a stable system.
This has been brought up before; Richard mentioned it and its mention in many
postings. I see it as a benefit.

Being able to arbitrary unmount a FS I see as a problem.
I see systemd as having addressed that ... bug ... architectural deficiency.

As far as systemd is concerned, the arbitrary use of the umount command is
trying to destabilise the system by taking away a mounted file system without
telling it, without saying that it should now be released.

The problem is the umount command and its arbitrary use.

As I said, relying on erroneous, buggy or poor operational practices is not a
good thing.Fixing them, re-architecting for robustness and stability is only a
'problem' of you relied on those bugs and errors in the first place.