Re: [opensuse] 2 newbie questions(version, live dvd)
On 10/03/2016 07:44 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-10-03 13:24, Mohammad Badie Zadegan wrote:
Hi everybody,
1) I recently installed and enjoy opensuse 42.1, why its versioning number
did not continue from 13.x?

Hum. They wanted to renumber because it was a new series. And the number
42 is kind of "magic" in some geek culture:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrases_from_The_Hitchhiker%27s_Guide_to_the_Galaxy#Answer_to_the_Ultimate_Question_of_Life.2C_the_Universe.2C_and_Everything_.2842.29

2) why this latest release can not booting in Live mode!?

I'm unsure of that one. Apparently it did not work well.

Well, there is Argon.

<quote src="https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KDE_repositories";>
The live media comes in two shapes. Argon is based on openSUSE Leap and Krypton
is based on openSUSE Tumbleweed
</quote>