Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
On 2016-10-03 15:26, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 10/03/2016 08:58 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
I'm sure that is/was a genuine problem, but allow me to count it as an
exception to prove the rule. I think it is very far from your example
to your general suggestion that

"... that if there is a problem I can not edit an script and solve it.
I have to wait for the devs to solve and distribute it".

Indeed.
As I say in another posting, if you are relying on /etc/fstab and the
generator
that parses it, you end up with the systemd semantics that maintain the
system,
automatically restarting when something 'dies' so as to maintain a constant
picture.

If you want different, take the entry out of fstab and write your own mount
file
that does what you want.

That's not a solution.

The right solution would be a syntax in fstab telling systemd to leave
that line alone.

This is not a problem with systemd.

Yes, it is. It started with systemd. Thus per definition, it is a
systemd generated problem.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)