Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 15:34:41 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 10/03/2016 08:58 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
I'm sure that is/was a genuine problem, but allow me to count it as
an
exception to prove the rule. I think it is very far from your
example to your general suggestion that

"... that if there is a problem I can not edit an script and solve
it. I have to wait for the devs to solve and distribute it".

Indeed.
As I say in another posting, if you are relying on /etc/fstab and the
generator that parses it, you end up with the systemd semantics that
maintain the system, automatically restarting when something 'dies' so
as to maintain a constant picture.

If you want different, take the entry out of fstab and write your own
mount file that does what you want.

Or even just override the generated unit -

In systemd/system, create "mount-point.mount.d/your.overrides" and add
your specific config.
At least I think that is possible, I haven't tested it.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.4°C)