Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
On 10/03/2016 08:58 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
I'm sure that is/was a genuine problem, but allow me to count it as an
exception to prove the rule. I think it is very far from your example
to your general suggestion that

"... that if there is a problem I can not edit an script and solve it.
I have to wait for the devs to solve and distribute it".

Indeed.
As I say in another posting, if you are relying on /etc/fstab and the generator
that parses it, you end up with the systemd semantics that maintain the system,
automatically restarting when something 'dies' so as to maintain a constant
picture.

If you want different, take the entry out of fstab and write your own mount file
that does what you want.

This is not a problem with systemd.
It is doing what it supposed to.
You haven't told it otherwise.