Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can you come up with an example of that, Carlos? I think you're wrong.
systemd has better options than editing the script - a service unit is
easily overridden etc.

Yes, sure.

I had problems with umounting some filesystem and systemd instantly
remounting it on my back. Or the other way round.

This is expected to be mitigated (I hesitate to say "fixed") in
current upstream systemd. But it also demonstrates one of bad design
habits in systemd - doing something implicitly, without making
"something" configurable or even documented.

Maybe it is documented.
The trouble with a lot of documentation is that, whether long or not, "it says
so much" that sometimes things get overlooked.

In the man page 'systemd.mount' it describes how to make unit files for mounting
disks.
It also has section about FSTAB.
To summarise, there is a program that parses /etc/fstab and converts the entries
there into unit files. See the man page 'systemd-fstab-generator'.
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-fstab-generator.html

If you rely solely on /etc/fstab then that is your only source of control, and
as carlos found, the default is to persist in maintaining the system as defined
therein.

If you don't like that, then remove the relevant entry from /etc/fstab and
create your own unit file specific to that disk.

Note also:

RequiresMountsFor=

Takes a space-separated list of absolute paths. Automatically adds
dependencies of type Requires= and After= for all mount units required to
access the specified path.

Mount points marked with noauto are not mounted automatically and will be
ignored for the purposes of this option. If such a mount should be a
requirement for this unit, direct dependencies on the mount units may be
added (Requires= and After= or some other combination).