Re: [opensuse] 2 newbie questions(version, live dvd)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 15:10:05 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-03 14:04, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-03 13:24, Mohammad Badie Zadegan wrote:
Hi everybody,
1) I recently installed and enjoy opensuse 42.1, why its versioning
number did not continue from 13.x?

Hum. They wanted to renumber because it was a new series. And the
number 42 is kind of "magic" in some geek culture:

The answer to life, the universe and everything - 42. Nothing geek
about that, very mainstream. (says my wife, who does not appreciate
being called a geek).

It was totally unknown to me till explained. It appears to be only
well known by English speakers.

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy has been translated to more than 30
languages. I assume 42 was not translated :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.6°C)