Re: [opensuse] 2 newbie questions(version, live dvd)
On 2016-10-03 14:04, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-03 13:24, Mohammad Badie Zadegan wrote:
Hi everybody,
1) I recently installed and enjoy opensuse 42.1, why its versioning
number did not continue from 13.x?

Hum. They wanted to renumber because it was a new series. And the
number 42 is kind of "magic" in some geek culture:

The answer to life, the universe and everything - 42. Nothing geek
about that, very mainstream. (says my wife, who does not appreciate
being called a geek).

It was totally unknown to me till explained. It appears to be only well
known by English speakers.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)