Re: [opensuse] System slowdowns
On October 2, 2016 8:34:52 PM PDT, Marc Chamberlin <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi - I am running an OpenSuSE Leap 42.2 system on an x64 system with a

dual core processor. While using it I am experiencing periods of up to
several minutes where I can hear the processor's cooling fan speed up
and the system's responsiveness slows way down to where it is unusable.

During these episodes I have had KSysguard running and top executing in

a shell to see if I can figure out what is causing these episodes. The
KSysguard graphical display will show that both processors are running
at or near 100% yet the process table and top both show that the
running
processes are taking only a few percent (typically less than 4 or 5%
for
the worst process) and the total percentage of CPU time being used for
all processes is nowhere near the 100% shown by the cpu usage graph.

So how do I track down what application, process, or system service is
chewing up my processors. I am experiencing these slowdowns approx 5 to

10 times per hour which is quite frustrating. I kinda suspect it is
Firefox but I cannot say that definitively.. Suggestions?

Marc..

Was Ksystemguard set to show ALL processes. Or just your processes?