[opensuse] question on grub2 ...
  • From: "Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza" <dieter.jurzitza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 21:44:39 +0200
Dear listmembers,
I am trying to figure out how grub2 does know which kernel to boot.
/boot/grub2/grub.cfg shows the names, basically I would like to modify -pv to
-default, editiing /boot/grub2/grub.cfg would be a nobrainer, however, the
next update would remove this.
Can any nice guy here tell me where I would have to change something in order
to get from linux-XXX-pv to linux-XXX-default? I did not see this in
/etc/default/grub.cfg, nor in /etc/grub.d, but it must be denoted somewhere,
isn't it?
Thank you very much,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

\
/\_/\ |
\ /- \_/

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)