Re: [opensuse] switching to gnome, a question
08.08.2016 06:56, George from the tribe пишет:
So, I am tired of KDE hanging up so much, so I am going to try switching
to gnome. I have been using it for 2 days now, and so far much better.
It is more stable, and the applications just seem to run smoother. For
example, here using Thunderbird, when in KDE, it seems to hang and slow
down. When using it in Gnome, it doesn't seem to do that.

There, however, some features that I miss with KDE that I haven't
figured out yet in Gnome. Here is one. In KDE, I could switch between
open windows using alt-tab. In KDE, alt-tab switches between open
applications, but not between windows within an application, like this
email I am typing and the main thunderbird screen. I tried hitting the
windows key and tab also, but it does the same thing as alt-tab.

I like having a key that switches between applications, as they have it
set up, but it would be nice to also have a key shortcut that only
switches between windows. Like may to set things so that alt-tab
switches between windows, whether or not they are the same application,
and windows_key-tab switches between applications. And then also another
shortcut to switch between workspaces.

Is there a way to do that?

And your openSUSE and GNOME versions are ... ?