Re: [opensuse] Video colours and density
On 08/07/2016 01:32 PM, Dave Plater wrote:

That looks close enough to my version, have you tried ffplay from
ffmpeg. On the command line ffplay moviename.

OK, did that without any options and the very first thing I noticed is
that the 'dark scenes' (for example in Blade Runner) are much ....
lighter. Or is it brighter. All the shadow detail that was black in
other layers is not visible. There's a trerm for this, isn't there,
the something-gradient?

So that settles the matter, its NOT my hardware, card or monitor, it is
the application or at least the application settings/paramters.

If ffplay can do this without any tweeking, what does it say about the
others!

But I miss having a clear menu bar for controls. keyboard controls
require memory and differ between application.

How do I get to to play the DVD with the on screen menu DVDs have?

Depending on the codec and container all of the video players use ffmpeg
libs for playing movies at least some of the time and mplayer is pure
ffmpeg. The video from the decoded stream is handled differently by
different players.

What video card do you use?

The

# lspci | grep -i vga
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

on the motherboard.