Re: [opensuse] Video colours and density

On 07/08/2016 15:52, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 08/07/2016 03:52 AM, Dave Plater wrote:
rpm -qi libxine2
Name : libxine2
Version : 1.2.6
Release : 106.1
Architecture: x86_64
Install Date: Fri 29 Jul 2016 08:38:43 AM EDT
Group : Productivity/Multimedia/Video/Players
Size : 5864663
License : GPL-2.0+
Signature : RSA/SHA1, Sun 24 Jul 2016 02:25:38 PM EDT, Key ID
45a1d0671abd1afb
Source RPM : xine-lib-1.2.6-106.1.src.rpm
Build Date : Sun 24 Jul 2016 01:43:13 PM EDT
Build Host : swkj14
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Packager : packman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vendor : http://packman.links2linux.de
Description :
xine is a video player with a graphical front-end that supports a large
number of file formats (VCD and MPEG2, for example) using plug-ins.
Several plug-ins are included. Others can be installed after xine
installation. xine supports stereo sound using OSS and AC5.1 using
Alsa.

That looks close enough to my version, have you tried ffplay from ffmpeg. On the command line ffplay moviename.
Depending on the codec and container all of the video players use ffmpeg libs for playing movies at least some of the time and mplayer is pure ffmpeg. The video from the decoded stream is handled differently by different players.
What video card do you use? I'm using intel atm i3-2120 sandy bridge but AFAICR there wasn't any difference before I pulled out my GT620 card because of early Leap:42.1 problems. I must put it back in and see when I get a work break.
Dave P