Re: [opensuse] pdf preview in dolphin?
On 07/08/16 05:25 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-08-07 06:27, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
On 2016-08-07 01:00, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
On 06/08/16 07:52 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Stevens, you only had to install "kdegraphics-thumbnailers" to get PDF
thumbnails and previews to work in Leap421::dolphin? Hmm, I foresee a
re-install coming up.
That package also worked here. However, the previews are rather useless,
unless you happen to have a spare electron microscope lying around.
...which is why I convert the pdf files to djvu files, and preview those
instead.

...which doesn't do anyone any good, if they have to work with pdf files. ;)
On the contrary. I can preview the files without a microscope, and when
I find the document I need, I can switch to the PDF in a full viewer :-)

Remember that DjVu renders the complete PDF document, including pages.
The only thing you lose is that text is converted to images and can not
be selected as text.

Fine, Carlos. That scenario is fine for you; it may not be fine for
others, who must work with, rather than just read, the documents, and
for whom keeping a copy of the file lying around may be an inconvenience.