Re: [opensuse] How and where to apply a package list during the graphical installation of leap?
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 13:25:02 +0200
Dne neděle 7. srpna 2016 12:43:36 CEST, stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx napsal(a):
I want to reinstall a system with leap.
I want it to reinstall from the scratch from DVD and repos.
I want however to save the current selection of all packages installed (that
I can do it in yast, I recall) and save it e.g. on a usb stick. I should be
able to pass this list to yast during the install process. First problem:
where or when can I do this in the graphical install process of the DVD?
Second: how does this handle the problem that some repos will not be
available during fist install (e.g. packman). Would yast accept the rest of
the list or simply through an error. Last: in case it should be necessary,
how could I build this list out of only Leap repo packages from a currently
installed system (that is, can I ignore packages from packman and other
repos when saving the list of installed packages (using only oss and non
oss and update.

I'd export the package list in the YaST. Then, during installation step before
package selection You can manually add custom repositories. Then in the
package selecting step You run normal YaST, so that You should be able
(although I haven't tried) to load the package list e.g. from USB key. If some
packages are missing, it complaing, but woks. It also removes packages which
are missing in the exported list (but You can manually edit the final changes).
And if this wouldn't work for any reason, just install the system and then add
repositories and install packages according to the selection.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu
Community of the openSUSE GNU/Linux