Re: [opensuse] pdf preview in dolphin?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 11:07:54 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

I'm pretty certain I've been here before, but I can't find the bugreport
(if I wrote one).
I'm still hoping to get *office and pdf previews in dolphin in Leap42.1
(before it turns to 42.2) - those are a must for office work. After
googling quite a bit, I installed kdegraphics-thumbnailers, but that
didn't bring any improvement. What else do I need to do?

I feel so stupid. The machine I am testing on is used by other people too,
for testing. Somehow, for whatever reason, in dolphin previews for
postscript/pdf were turned off ....

I did not have to install calligra, afaict only kdegraphics-thumbnailers
was required. It now works fine - the thumbnails were generated
immediately, the preview as soon as I hover over a PDF. The preview in the
tooltip and in the preview pane are both fine, the right size etc.
Apologies for wasting everybody's time with this.

--
Posted with knode 4.14 from openSUSE Leap42.1
office34: Cyrix 486DX2/66MHz, 4096Mb RAM, #9 GXE