Re: [opensuse] Video colours and density

On 07/08/2016 03:28, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 08/06/2016 02:37 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Try "xine".
Nope, that plays files, still menu problems with DVD and that's back to
the "dark" in scenes with shadow. Full daylight "on the street" is
colourful, but any shadow detail just blacks out; Supposed night shits,
many interiors and just too dark to show anything but the bright lights,
the flicker of flames and the flash of gunshots.

Interesting, kaffeine uses xine as a backend. I use xine as my primary video player in Leap:42.1 and it seems to work properly with me but I have the latest build installed. What does "rpm -qi libxine2" say?
Dave P