Re: [opensuse] pdf preview in dolphin?
On 8/6/2016 1:02 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
John Andersen wrote:

On 08/05/2016 02:54 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
I'm pretty certain I've been here before, but I can't find the
bugreport (if I wrote one). I'm still hoping to get *office and pdf
previews in dolphin in Leap42.1 (before it turns to 42.2) - those are
a must for office work. After googling quite a bit, I installed
kdegraphics-thumbnailers, but that didn't bring any improvement.
What else do I need to do?

I have only a few installed that specifically mention PDF, either in
their name or in the description:
Ghostscript, libobasis5.1... libpoppler... (three of those) libqpdf13
poppler-tools, calligra-krita gimp gstreamer libe graphicsmagick libe
magiccpre okular

There are of course many more that mention pdf, but I don't have them
installed.

I'm not sure of those that I DO have installed which of those are
needed for pdf previews.

The previews in Dolphin right side panel are scale-able by just
scaling that panel.

The main thing is really the thumbnail, but I think thumbnail, preview
and tooltip all go together.

I just did this on my Manjaro machine and all I had to add
was
calligra
kdesdk-thumbnailers
raw-thumnailers (which is for cameras and not for pdf).

I believe it was calligra that did the trick.

Related:
I've been chasing down LibreOffice thumbnailers. They work on Opensuse 13.2
but not on Manjaro. Turns out I installed LO from their site, not the Opensuse
packages
which are perpetually backlevel and incomplete.