[opensuse] Video colours and density (was:VLC not playing ...)
Well I still haven't got VLC to play my DVDs or YouTube downloads...

I'm trying tom play a DVD.
If I fire it up with SMplayer the colours and brightness seem OK, but
I'm stuck on the menu screen.
Despite having set the appropriate config, mouse clicking on the "play"
main on-screen menu doesn't work. I can't get past that point, can't
get SMplayer to play the main movie.

This is disappointing, SMplayer renders the things I've downloaded from
Youtube very well.

I can get kaffine to play the movie on the DVD. It just works its way
though everything on the DVD and I merely have to wait for the movie to
come round.

However with Kaffine the movie itself is very dark. I've tried
adjusting my monitor settings and my X11 settings to no avail, even to
the point o making other applications unusable from what amounts to
'whiteout'. But the movie in kaffine stays flat.

I'm at a loss how to proceed.