Re: [opensuse] pdf preview in dolphin?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2016 15:52:42 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-08-06 10:05, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

That happens when you do not have the required packages installed.

Does anyone _know_ which packages are required? It's difficult to
believe we're actually discussing this for functionality that used
to come by default.

In the thread I mentioned we discussed that. One suggestion was to
look at an earlier thread. Here:

Yes, but as I mentioned, I already have kdegraphics-thumbnailer
installed.

For me it works fine in 13.1, has done for a long time. I wonder if
I compare the lists of installed packages ?

Yes, I would you that. I can run a package list command that you
suggest in my working 13.1

No need, I'll use my own.

I ran a diff on the two lists striiped of architecture and versioning -
then I looked at what was not on office34 (Leap421), and what
match 'kde' -

per@office34:~/Documents> grep -- ^-.*kde off11-34.diff
-bundle-lang-kde-en
-flash-player-kde
-kde4-kgreeter-plugins
-kde4-l10n-en_GB
-kde4-l10n-en_GB-data
-kde4-l10n-en_GB-doc
-kde4-print-manager
-kdebase4-openSUSE
-kdebase4-session
-kdebase4-workspace
-kdebase4-workspace-ksysguardd
-kdebase4-workspace-liboxygenstyle
-kdebase4-workspace-plasma-calendar
-kdegames4-carddecks-default
-kde-gtk-config-lang
-kde-odf-thumbnail
-opera-kde
-patterns-openSUSE-kde4_basis
-patterns-openSUSE-kde4_games
-patterns-openSUSE-kde4_imaging
-patterns-openSUSE-kde4_internet
-patterns-openSUSE-kde4_multimedia
-patterns-openSUSE-kde4_office
-patterns-openSUSE-kde4_pure
-patterns-openSUSE-kde4_utilities
-patterns-openSUSE-kde4_utilities_opt
-patterns-openSUSE-kde4_yast
-python-kde
-python-kde4-akonadi
-python-kde4-khtml
-python-kde4-knewstuff
-python-kde4-nepomuk
-python-kde4-phonon
-python-kde4-plasma
-python-kde4-soprano
-python-kdebase

Not overly useful :-(

Stevens, you only had to install "kdegraphics-thumbnailers" to get PDF
thumbnails and previews to work in Leap421::dolphin? Hmm, I foresee a
re-install coming up.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (22.1°C)