Re: [opensuse] pdf preview in dolphin?
On 08/05/2016 02:54 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
I'm pretty certain I've been here before, but I can't find the bugreport
(if I wrote one).
I'm still hoping to get *office and pdf previews in dolphin in Leap42.1
(before it turns to 42.2) - those are a must for office work. After
googling quite a bit, I installed kdegraphics-thumbnailers, but that
didn't bring any improvement. What else do I need to do?

I've answered this a few times, and each time I had to research it all over
again.
Old age. The Mind is the Second thing to go. sigh...

Anyway, in dolphin, make sure you visit Settings / Configure Dolphin / General
/ Previews
and scroll all the way down till you find pdf and make sure its checked.
Check all of the others you are likely to use while you are at it.

At least that way dolphin will try.
Then its just a matter of what packages you have to support it.

I have only a few installed that specifically mention PDF, either in their name
or in
the description:
Ghostscript, libobasis5.1... libpoppler... (three of those) libqpdf13
poppler-tools,
calligra-krita gimp gstreamer libe graphicsmagick libe magiccpre okular

There are of course many more that mention pdf, but I don't have them installed.

I'm not sure of those that I DO have installed which of those are needed for pdf
previews.

The previews in Dolphin right side panel are scale-able by just scaling
that panel.