Re: [opensuse] Shutdown not powering off machine
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 15:25:04 +0100
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 09:46:24 BST Anton Aylward wrote:
On 08/04/2016 08:43 AM, ianseeks wrote:
2. do you know what the shutdown command being used is? what extra
parameters ar4e being given?

No idea, just used the standard settings since i updated to Tumbleweed at
after using opensuse 13.1

Did it work OK in 13.1?

Yes, its been working fine for a long time, its just these past 3 days.

you can use systemsettings within KDE to see what the values are.

system administration
-> login screen
-> (tab) shutdown
-0> (field) Commands, halt

Same as yours.
/sbin/shutdown -h -P now

Mine reads. as I mentioned earlier,

/sbin/shutdown -h -P now

Perhaps, ian,you should try that from the command line as root.
Hot key to ctl-alt-F1 and log in as root then type the above.

Or, as I mentioned earlier, try it with "-H" instead of "-h".

If the CLI doens't work then this needs detailed investigation.

OBTW, which *specific* repository did *your* systemctl come from and
what revision is it? That is going to be a crucial piece of
information of we have to do bug tracking/reporting.

--
Qt: 5.6.1
KDE Frameworks: 5.24.0