Re: [opensuse] Strange problem with Hangouts video
On 08/02/2016 03:21 PM, John Andersen wrote:
On 08/01/2016 05:28 PM, James Knott wrote:
I'm trying to use Hangouts video chat on my desktop system. It's
openSUSE 13.1, with Chromium and the Hangouts extensions. When I try to
do a video chat, the camera turns on, but I get no video. The same
camera works fine in Firefox and Skype. The same configuration on my
ThinkPad E520 works fine. Any idea where I might look for the cause of
this problem? I have reinstalled Chromium and extensions, but no
difference.

tnx jk

Chrome Settings / show advance settings /
Scroll to Privacy Click Content Settings
Scroll half way down on the popup
See settings for Microphone and Camera and unsandboxed plugins.

I just checked and camera is checked to allow all, on the desktop and
ask when site requests on the notebook. changing the desktop made no
difference. However, one thing that did make a difference was switching
the bandwidth to "Medium" on the desktop, but "AutoHD" works fine on the
notebook. Since Hangouts only supports up to 720p, I guess I can live
with this.