[opensuse] Re: Google Drive command line? (or other cloud backup)
On Thu 09 Jun 2016 10:36:09 PM CDT, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to do cloud backups of a directory through the command line.
I have Google Drive, can set something else like Dropbox up if
necessary. But what I need is either a solution that takes a standard
protocol like FTP, or a decent command line client.

A search of opensuse packages gave me "grive" but I could not make it
work. It always tries to sync, seemingly without an option for setting
just what it should sync. And it always ends with some exception or
other.

I do not need fancy "sync", I just need a way to push a file onto the
cloud backup. I'll probably write a script to zip the directory up
with a timestamp and push it up. The size is too small to worry about
proper incremental backups.

So which command line client, for Google Drive or something else,
should I try? Thanks!

Hi
Have a look at;
http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=518269
https://github.com/odeke-em/drive

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.1|GNOME 3.16.2|4.1.21-14-default