Re: [opensuse] amazon.com not working in chrome
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gesendet: Sa. 11.06.2016 09:28
An: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse] amazon.com not working in chrome

On 2016-06-06 16:02, Aaron Digulla wrote:

Why does it want to start java for George?
You're mistaken. "HTTP Status 500" means that a Java program (server) is
running in Amazon.com. That's how they build the pages which you can
see. This program can't handle the language which George's browser is
telling Amazon.com to use.
AHHH!

No local Java, JavaScript or Java plugin is involved.
I understand now. Thanks :-)

One of those kind of wierd things, I guess. I had to go out of town, and
when I hit amazon.com and gmcard.com from my other location while out of
town, they both worked fine. Then our internet was out for a few days
there, and I just got back home. I connected again from my home network,
and now I can see those pages both just fine. No errors.

Don't know if re-connecting from outside my home network reset some
error on my own pc, or if while I was gone there was some correction
made by my isp that allowed me to connect.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht Ende-----

Maybe your ISP did set up sth like a transparent DNS proxy and that did not
work well at the beginning.
I had this here when I went to my parents house, use another network with WLAN
or branch to another network via eth.
Coming back home, Privoxy would load only some pages, others not at all ("no
network" error).

Maybe your case is different. But next time when you experience this, just try
out another DNS server.
Here in this country they have "dns blacklisting" of some sites. If there has
been an error with this list, page will be just white and load forever. Or you
get "network error". There is another very good way to check if it is the dns
the next time. Install TOR-Browser Bundle from the TOR-site. If you connect
with this, it IS DNS as the bundle uses a different way to request DNS.

But if I understand with FF it did load without problems anyway. So maybe
forget about it.

---
https://email.freenet.de/mail/Uebersicht?epid=e9900000451