Re: [opensuse] Building a mid-range desktop PC - lower cost MB/CPU/video solution?
Greg Freemyer composed on 2016-06-10 17:54 (UTC-0400):

I still need a HDMI switch (preferably manual).

Be sure not to get one that requires no power source to function, unless you can find one with an overwhelming number of favorable reviews. Passive HDMI switching is evil.

As to the PC, I just placed my order (I stuck to the Skylake i5):

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/dCZJxY

With shipping and tax it was closer to $600. (I paid more for the
quieter fans. I know my current equipment is very quiet.

I bought everything from Newegg to simplify the purchase. Cost a few
dollars more than picking a different vendor for every part, but I'm
hoping I'll get everything at one time, not spread out over a couple
weeks like the last time I ordered parts from various vendors.

Newegg ships from CA, NJ/NY and multiple locations in between. With 6 items in the cart, there's some possibility of everything being delivered the same day, but I'll drop dead of shock if it arrives in one container, and won't be surprised at all if it arrives in more than two, or with more than two days between first and last. Its UPS and Fedex shipments usually show up quickly, but its DHLs used for the free shipping lightweights (like RAM) seem to require at least two extra days for traversing their final 50-100 miles after the first 1000 made it in less.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/